A First Attempt!
over 3 years ago
Welcome to my first effort at a school-related blog entry!
My thought in writing entries into this blog are to give families a view into our fifth grade classroom. I appreciated the opportunity to meet and talk with many families during Open House on Tuesday night. If you weren't able to make it, Miss Santucci and I understand! Hopefully, your fifth grader brought home some paperwork from that evening if you weren't able to attend.
The highlights from the math and science end of Open House, as far as things go from the home end.
- Students have math daily
- Typically, students will have one page of math homework Monday-Thursday nights. The homework reviews something that we worked on in class
- If they have trouble, they should utilize their math notebook. It is in their binder and has notes added to it every few days.
- Math facts! We're trying to get them learned and luckily have use of the math program, Reflex Math to help us out. All students have an account and their passwords are in their agendas. Any additional encouragement to get them on Reflex at least three days a week would be greatly appreciated!
- When the students have an upcoming math test, they will know about it a week ahead of time. They will always be given a study guide and will have the chance to attend an extra help session before taking the test.
- Students have science daily
- Generally, students will not have science homework. They do keep track of all science materials at school in a science notebook, but this typically won't come home.
- The students will have science tests. They will know about these ahead of time and will be equipped with a study guide.
- Students take an MCAS test in science in 5th grade!
By Elizabeth Mundy